September 24, 2008

The Wiki has Landed!

The time has come!

The final touch is complete for my Web 2.0 assignment... The Wiki. You can click on this blog post's title, or go straight to Mike's Wiki Pages. But don't fret, I'll still be updating all the websites throughout the week (and weeks) ahead. That's the catch to this assignment.

Oddly enough though, now that all the pages are setup, I don't think it will be that difficult to set aside a few minutes week to add some C.S.-related links and keep everyone informed on my C&I assignment progress. I supposed I should mention what is on the Wiki that is different from the content on this blog.

Well for one, a blog is different than a Wiki. A blog is more an "on-line" journal that an individual can share is boring nonsense and drivel to the masses, or (hopefully) share some quality information about his/her field of work. A Wiki is more of a collaborative piece of software (kind of similiar discussion as my Google Docs post below) where many users - such as all the classmates in my C.S. C&I course - can share, edit, and collaborate creating content. And apparently "Wiki" means quick in Hawaiian, too.

Now that the technicalities are out of the way, lets talk about what my Wiki is all about:

I would consider it an extension to this blog. All of my reflections and any thoughts I have during my school experience or about my C.S. C&I course will be shared here and on Wiki I'll have shorter summaries of the information discussed here, as well as time lines, schedules and other plans to keep you informed as to what I'm working on. That is, if you really want to know what I'm working on. Really.

No comments: